Restaurant Insurance

Restaurants have insurance needs that are fairly unique to them among all businesses. Because there are so many structural and liability issues involved in the food service industry, it’s especially important that restaurant owners speak at length with an independent insurance agent about their unique needs when it comes to insurance.

What Kind of Insurance Do Restaurants Need?

Depending on the type of restaurant you own or operate, there may be unique needs to consider when it comes to insurance. There are certain types of insurance that all businesses need – including restaurants, like these mentioned below.

  • Equipment Breakdown Insurance

  • Fire/Smoke Damage

  • Food Contamination

  • Food Spoilage

  • Non-Owned Vehicle Liability (additional liability coverage on vehicles not owned by the business – useful in establishing an added layer of protection for accidents involving delivery drivers).

 As you can see there is a long list of insurance coverage types that are fairly unique to the restaurant industry.

The term “restaurant” covers a lot of ground when it comes to business models. All of the businesses listed below qualify as restaurant and need some, if not all, of the insurance coverage types mentioned above.

  • Bars

  • Cafes

  • Cafeterias

  • Clubs

  • Delis

  • Diners

  • Food Trucks

  • Pubs

  • And more!

 Whether your restaurant is a franchise restaurant, part of a small chain, or one of a kind, it’s important to make sure you protect your employees, your patrons, and your business with the right type and amount of insurance coverage.

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Don't miss the chance, subscribe to 1st Liberty Insurance Agency for Insurance now.